We all make resolutions when the calendar reads January 1. Clark, your friendly pest control, termite, and grounds care expert, is here to help you with an important one: keeping your home pest free in 2022.
Clark has a lot of practice at keeping your home pest free, but we don’t do it alone. Loyal customers like you play an important part in keeping disease-carrying and potentially destructive pests such as rodents, termites, bed bugs, cockroaches, flies, and stinging insects from gaining access to your homes.
Five resolutions to keep your home pest free
- Make exclusion a priority: Seal openings, especially on the bottom of exterior doors, and check weatherstripping around window and door frames. Sealing the gap between the floor and the door will eliminate space for insects and rodents to enter. Fill cracks and crevices in the foundation or siding – including points where utility, telephone, or cable wires enter – with sturdy, weather-proof materials.
- Take away pest attractants with cleaning: Food and food waste are the primary reasons why pests are so determined to get inside your home. Clean up crumbs and food spills after every meal, dispose of garbage regularly, keep garbage can lids closed, and store food in airtight containers. Also, rotate and dispose of old food items that are hibernating in the back of the pantry so they won’t attract pantry pests.
- Get a termite inspection: When was the last time your home had a professional termite inspection? Now is the time – before subterranean termite swarmer season arrives in the spring – to have your biggest investment inspected for signs of termite activity or damage from these destructive pests.
- Inspect packages: Give packages, luggage, and storage boxes (e.g., seasonal decorations, clothes, or camping gear) a thorough inspection for signs of pest activity, such as rodent droppings and chewed packaging, before bringing them inside.
- Take care of your yard: Pests enter your home from the outside, so it’s important to stay on top of yard maintenance. Keep shrubs trimmed and grass cut, and clean up leaves and yard waste, as they provide pests with harborage. Trim tree limbs so pests cannot use them to gain access to your attic through openings in the roof. Avoid storing firewood near your house, as it provides shelter for such pests as rodents, cockroaches, and spiders.
Pest control solutions from Clark Pest Control
Resolving to keep pests out of your home may not be the first thing you think about when you wake up, but remember that once pests get inside, they are harder – and more expensive – to remove.
To better protect homes from termites and other destructive pests, Clark Pest Control is offering home wellness checks for new and existing customers. The wellness check covers not only termites (drywood and subterranean), but also rodent and pest entry points and the insulation in your home.
Clark’s expert and fully licensed inspectors will perform a thorough inspection of your home and provide a written report of the findings. If pests, or conditions conducive to pests, are found, Clark will make treatment and/or repair recommendations.
Resolve to keep your home pest free in 2022. Call California’s trusted, friendly pest, rodent and termite control and removal expert, Clark, at (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or email us at email@example.com.
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Control thank you for helping to keeping unwanted pests out of your home and yard.
Clark’s commitment to safety
Clark Pest Control remains committed to safeguarding your home from pests during these challenging times. Our service technicians use such personal protective equipment as gloves, masks, and respirators, they practice social distancing, and they adhere strictly to all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines when servicing inside or outside your home.