Fun with bugs? That's right! Clark Pest Control has developed a program for grades three through six to share fun facts and get a chance to interact with some of the coolest bugs on the planet. Some of the topics covered are:
- Insect and spider anatomy
- Where our Bug Zoo pets live
- How they defend themselves naturally
- What they eat
- Each species' technical (binomial) name
This program is a free service provided by Clark Pest Control, and is offered to private, public and home school groups. Presentations take one hour. Setup and take down is 20 minutes or less, total.
After the students listen to the presentation, they will be divided into small groups to participate in station activities, including the Bug-ology page and a visit to the table in small groups to view each specimen that was discussed in the presentation. Our display includes:
- Tarantulas: Chaco Golden Knee and Rose Hair. These stay in a protected enclosure; tarantulas may be taken out by a trained Clark handler for an up-close view.
- Scorpions: Emperor Scorpion. Handling is done by the trained Clark handler.
- Scorpions: Desert Hairy. No Handling, this scorpions remains locked up.
- Hissing Cockroaches: Due to their docile behavior and cleanliness, students may be able to handle one or view from a handler's hand up close.
- Domino Roaches: These semi rare roaches maybe viewed inside of a protected enclosure.
- False Scorpions: Vinegaroon (Whip Scorpion): Handling is done by the trained Clark handler.
- Others: (non-bug related) reptiles and more upon request …
The presentation will conclude with backpacks, activity and coloring booklet and more!
The Bug Zoo has been seen on Good Day Sacramento, the April 2011 edition of San Joaquin Kids, World of Wonders Science Museum and the Lodi Grape Festival.
Click here to view the San Joaquin Kids Magazine article.
We are currently booking for Fall 2023, limited showing are available!