Everyone likes to think there is a little bit of Mr. Fixit in them, and that a roll of duct tape is the ultimate solution for just about any household repair or maintenance task. However, that isn’t always the case – especially when it comes to pest management.
The Clark Man knows that homeowners play an important role in the success of a pest management service. Practicing good sanitation and keeping up with household maintenance tasks, such as repairing screens and filling openings in the foundation to deny pests access, go a long way to keep pest problems at bay.
There are times, however, when a professional’s expertise and know-how is needed – not only to solve your pest problem, but also to protect your family.
The recent event in Amarillo, Texas where a do-it-yourself treatment for rodents turned tragic emphasizes the value of what pest management professionals offer to consumers.
A certified, highly trained pest management professional like those at Clark Pest Control will be able to determine what treatment, if any, is needed to eliminate a pest infestation in or around your home.
Clark’s licensed service technicians and inspectors will conduct a thorough inspection of your home and then make recommendations based on what they see and what input you provide. Their treatment recommendations are based on the extensive training and experience all Clark personnel receive, and they will be firmly rooted in integrated pest management (IPM) principles.
IPM principles emphasize pest prevention, sanitation, and exclusion, and use targeted pesticide applications only when absolutely necessary to protect your home or family from potentially harmful pests.
When you have a pest issue in your home, the Clark Man offers the following tips for selecting a pest management professional:
- Look for qualified and licensed pest control professionals and companies that are members of national, state or local pest management associations (Clark Pest Control is a yes on all counts)
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend professional pest control companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service
- Don't rush a decision, and solicit bids from several pest management professionals – because you are paying for professional pest control advice, as well as skillful treatment, look for someone whose judgment you can trust
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the pest species, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing professional pest control, prevention, and management are necessary
- Buy value, not price: Don’t make a purchasing decision based solely on the lowest cost
- Check theBetter Business Bureau or online consumer review sites for complaints or accolades to help you form your decision
Clark Pest Control is a member of the Pest Control Operators of California and is a National Pest Management Association QualityPro and GreenPro company –marks that gives homeowners peace of mind and confidence in their selection.
If you have questions on how to protect your home and family from pests, call or text (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time I’m the Clark Man, and thanks for helping me keep unwanted pests out of your home.