As Fall settles in with chilly weather and Fresh pumpkins readily available we thought it would be nice to share with our viewers the "Ultimate Pumpkin Soup" recipe! its our favorite and am sure you will enjoy it too!
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- Heat chicken stock, salt, pumpkin (fresh is best but can be substituted with Canned Pumpkin), onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
If you are counting calories you can reduce the amount of heavy whipping cream to 1 tablespoon, tastes great and still keeps its smooth texture!