Are you seeing more pests around your home these days? If the answer is yes, you’re not alone.
Pest Control Technology magazine recently shared results of a nationwide survey that revealed an increase in pest sightings and activity in and around homes, apartments, and condominiums during the pandemic. In California, 34 percent of households indicated they have seen an increase in pest activity since stay-at-home orders were issued.
What’s behind the increase? Clark, your friendly pest, lawn care, termite, and rodent expert, points to the fact that more food waste and garbage – two things pests thrive on – is being generated from home offices and classrooms that have sprung up in dining rooms, kitchen tables, and spare bedrooms, along with families buying more groceries and eating at home more.
Combine that with cooler temperatures and pests – particularly rodents – looking for a winter home that features abundant food sources, and you’ll have increased pest pressure. That’s why selecting the correct pest management professional is more important than ever.
What should you look for when selecting a pest management professional? Clark offers the following tips:
- -Look for qualified and licensed pest control professionals and companies that are members of national, state, or local pest management associations (Clark Pest Control checks all the boxes in this category).
- -Ask friends and neighbors to recommend professional pest control companies they have used successfully, and ask how satisfied they were with the service.
- -Don't rush a decision, and solicit bids from several pest management professionals. Since you are paying for professional pest control advice, as well as skillful treatment, look for someone whose judgment you can trust.
- -Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the pest species, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- -If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing professional pest control, prevention, and management are necessary. At Clark, we guarantee 100 percent that your service will be done right, every time.
- -Buy value, not price. Do not make a purchasing decision based solely on the lowest cost.
- -Check the Better Business Bureau or online consumer review sites for complaints or accolades to help form your decision.
The extensive training that Clark Pest Control’s licensed service technicians receive make them the ideal choice to deliver both preventative and remedial pest management services to protect your home and family from pests. Our technicians use the most effective and up-to-date pest control and grounds care methods, materials, and equipment.
Clark Pest Control remains committed to safeguarding your home from pests during these challenging times. Our service technicians use such personal protective equipment as gloves, masks, and respirators, they practice social distancing, they call ahead to notify you before a service, and they adhere strictly to all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines when servicing inside or outside your home.
To keep your home and yard pest-free, call California’s trusted, friendly pest management and grounds care expert, Clark, at (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Control thank you for helping to keep unwanted pests out of your home and yard.