Preventing and eliminating pests that threaten homes is a skill that Clark Pest Control has a lot of experience with, going back more than 70 years. In those seven-plus decades, Clark has learned quite a bit about pests and what makes them tick – excuse the pun!
Clark has also learned that effective pest control is a shared responsibility with our loyal customers. Customers play an important role in preventing pests from becoming a nuisance or – worse yet – a health threat.
Customers are usually the first to spot a pest in their home or yard, or find evidence of pest presence (e.g., rodent droppings, termite swarmer wings). Sharing this information is critical to helping Clark, your friendly pest control, mosquito, termite, and grounds care expert, and the rest of the Clark Pest Control team identify the root cause of the pest problem and offer customized solutions to solve the issue.
Five ways to resolve to keep pests out
As we kick off a new year, you can make a resolution to do your part to deny disease-carrying and potentially destructive pests, such as rodents, termites, bed bugs, cockroaches, flies and stinging insects, from threatening your home.
How can you make sure that you keep this resolution and not let it fall by the wayside come February? Clark offers the following five tips to help keep you on track:
- Seal pests out: Seal up openings, especially on the bottom of exterior doors, and check the weatherstripping around window and door frames. Sealing the gap between the floor and the door will eliminate space for insects and rodents to enter. Fill cracks and crevices in the foundation or siding, including areas where utility, telephone, or cable wires enter, with sturdy, weather-proof materials that will withstand winter’s heavy rains, wind, and even snow.
- Make your house less attractive to pests: Food, and food waste, are the primary reasons why pests are so determined to get inside your home. Clean up crumbs and food spills after every meal, dispose of garbage regularly, keep garbage can lids closed, and store food in airtight containers. Rotate and dispose of old food items that are hibernating in the back of the pantry so they won’t attract pantry pests.
- Schedule a home wellness inspection: When was the last time your home was checked for pests, especially destructive termites? Now is the time, before subterranean termite swarm season arrives, to get your biggest investment inspected for signs of termite activity or damage from these destructive pests.
- Inspect packages: Give delivered packages, luggage, and storage boxes (e.g., seasonal decorations, clothes, or camping gear) a thorough inspection for signs of pest activity, such as rodent droppings and chewed packaging, before bringing them inside.
- Don’t forget the yard: Pests live outside and will enter your home in search of food, water, and temporary shelter from the elements, so it’s important to stay on top of yard maintenance. Keep shrubs trimmed and the grass cut. Clean up leaves and yard waste, as they provide pests with harborage. Trim tree limbs so that pests can’t use them to access to your attic through openings in the roof. Avoid storing firewood near your house, as it provides shelter for pests like rodents, cockroaches, and spiders.
Pest control solutions from Clark Pest Control
Keeping pests out of your home may not be the first thing to appear on your to-do list, but if a pest issue goes unnoticed or untreated, it can lead to a very inconvenient and often costly experience.
To better protect homes from termites and other destructive pests, Clark Pest Control is offering home wellness inspections for new and existing customers. The wellness inspection covers not only drywood and subterranean termites, but also rodent and pest entry points and the condition of insulation in your home.
Clark’s expert, fully licensed inspectors will perform a thorough inspection of your home and provide a written report of the findings. If pests or conditions conducive to pests are found, Clark will make treatment and/or repair recommendations.
Call California’s trusted, friendly pest, rodent, and termite control and removal expert at (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Control thank you for helping us keep unwanted pests out of your home and yard.