Termites have an almost insatiable hunger to eat the wood in your home. They consume wood, flooring, and even wallpaper non-stop, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To put this in perspective, it’s estimated that an established subterranean termite colony could consume the amount of wood equivalent to one cup of sawdust in as little as two hours. Just imagine the damage that could be done over time if left undetected?
Clark, your friendly pest control, grounds care, mosquito, and termite expert, has seen the wicked and costly destruction that termites can cause to homes. He doesn’t want your home to suffer the same fate.
Based on years of experience protecting California homes from termites, Clark Pest Control has a breadth of knowledge to help you keep these destructive pests from threatening your home. While these tips can’t guarantee that termites won’t find the wood in and around your home attractive, they can help lessen the risk.
- Fill in cracks on your foundation’s masonry or concrete, and caulk around door and window frames – eliminate easy access points to your home.
- Try to maintain an 18-inch gap between the soil and wood siding, posts, etc. on your home.
- Eliminate excess moisture on the interior and exterior of your home – termites are attracted to moisture. Adjust irrigation systems to avoid sprinkling stucco or wood siding when watering your lawn, and fix broken sprinkler heads and leaky faucets.
- Remove wet leaves and debris from your gutters, because they provide moisture and harborage for termites and other pests.
- Keep firewood off the ground and away from your home.
- Remove old tree stumps and roots around your home.
- Avoid planting trees and shrubs to close to the house, and go easy on the mulch. Branches and limbs provide an easy pathway for termites, and mulch provides a conveniently close spot to hide.
Termite inspections matter – big time
The first step to preventing termite issues is to get a free termite inspection of your home performed by a licensed and highly trained Clark Pest Control termite inspector, who will examine your home top to bottom, inside and out.
Getting a regular inspection will help identify conditions that encourage termite activity. If termites are found, getting an early diagnosis and taking corrective action sooner rather than later can help prevent more expensive treatments and costly repairs down the road.
For maximum protection against termites, you should also inquire about Clark Pest Control’s exclusive Termite Infestation Protection (T.I.P.) program, which is designed to cover your home from future infestations and damages from all species of termites.
A complete termite inspection must be performed to determine if your home qualifies. Then, for a small monthly fee, you can avoid costly out-of-pocket treatment and repair expenses.
If you think your home is being threatened by termites, call California’s trusted, friendly pest, rodent, mosquito, and termite control and removal expert, Clark, at (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or email us at email@example.com
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Control thank you for helping to keep unwanted pests out of your home and yard.
Clark’s commitment to safety
Clark Pest Control remains committed to safeguarding your home from pests during these challenging times. Our service technicians use such personal protective equipment as gloves, masks, and respirators, they practice social distancing, and they adhere strictly to all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines when servicing inside or outside your home.