These are certainly unique times. Commercial enterprises, big and small, are feeling stresses from the COVID-19 crisis, and things are far from normal for those who operate businesses.
Clark Pest Control’s number-one priority is protecting the world where our employees and customers live, work, and play. Maintaining a healthy and abundant food supply is also critical during these times, and pest management services are essential to achieving that goal.
While Clark stands ready to support our commercial clients, we also realize that safety is paramount. We have a longstanding partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in mitigating pest-related health risks, and we have procedures and protocols in place to address issues that may arise during this crisis.
Our licensed technicians are trained, tested, and certified in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including respirators, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. When servicing facilities, we will use every means possible to deliver our essential services in a manner that fosters safety as well as effective pest management.
Why are pest management services essential for commercial properties? Here are some reasons:
- Stinging insects force half a million people to the emergency room every year.
- Cockroach and rodent allergens trigger asthma attacks in children.
- Pests spread pathogens for such diseases as West Nile virus, Lyme disease, listeria, salmonellosis, hantavirus, and encephalitis.
- Rodents contaminate or consume about 20 percent of the world’s food supply.
- Bed bugs can cause allergic reactions.
In commercial food processing, distribution, and service facilities, the presence of pests – whether they are rodents, flies, cockroaches, or others – can be devastating. Pests can spoil and contaminate food, making it unsafe for consumers. A pest-related contamination can trigger a product recall that not only causes financial hardships, but makes that product unavailable for consumers.
Healthcare and key manufacturing facilities cannot risk being shut down due to a pest infestation. The importance of the pest management industry to the nation as an essential service cannot be overstated.
During this crucial time, Clark would like to remind commercial facilities of the following:
- Maintain your pest management programs: Don’t allow your pest management programs to slip or get put on the back burner as you deal with other issues. If a pest infestation takes hold, especially in a food processing plant, the impact will be far-reaching for both your company and the community at large.
- Open facilities for regular inspections: Even if you temporarily close your facility, allow your pest management service provider to continue regular inspections to make sure that pests haven’t invited themselves inside.
- Stay on top of sanitation and cleaning protocols: This reminder never changes, but stay on top of sanitation and cleaning practices. The leading cause of pest infestations can usually be traced back to a sanitation issue, so it’s more important than ever to make sure this is priority one.
- Work as a team: More can be accomplished working together in times of crisis than separately. Your pest management service provider is your partner to maintaining a pest-free environment for your facility, employees, and customers.
If you’re looking for a pest management partner that delivers exceptional results and understands your business, and can help you protect your products, employees, and customers from harmful pests, call or text Clark Pest Control at (800) 936-3339.
Stay safe and be well.
Help Clark Fight COVID-19
Clark Pest Control wants to help our brave healthcare professionals. We are inviting our fellow pest control operators and clients to please consider joining us in donating all non-essential personal protective equipment (PPE) today! California and Nevada need us. For more information on how you can donate, visit clarkpest.com/media/2020/03/23/help-fight-covid-1.