Trick or Treating Safety Tips
Oct 30, 2009, 16:30 PM
User Not Found
Here are some safety tips to help keep your little ghosts, witches and goblins safe this halloween season!
- Trick-or-treating should never be done alone, always make sure you are in a group or accompanied by an adult.
- Costumes should be fitted with reflective tape for high visability to let motorists know they are there.
- Inspect all treats, look for package tampering, or unsafe objects that may be loose in the treat bag. Choking hazards may be lurking in there.
- Always use a Flashlight while trick or treating, this lets other see your child and is easy to avoid trip hazards.
- Before applying costume make up, test in a small area to make sure that your child does not have an alergic reaction. Before your little monster retires to bed, make sure all make -up is fully removed to avoid rash and irratations.
- Always look both ways before crossing streets and intersections. Use established crosswalks if at all possible.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat factory-wrapped and manufactured treats only. Avoid homemade treats unless you know the cook well.
- Never enter homes of strangers! If your child is asked to come inside they need to let a parent know right away.