Apr 26, 2017, 10:35 AM
Clark Pest Control Fresno Office
A healthy home encompasses many different things, from security to basic maintenance. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development recently released its annual list of tips to keep homes healthy and families protected, and the Clark Man wanted to share it – especially tip number five – with his loyal residential customers.
For decades, Clark Pest Control has helped California homeowners protect their biggest investment and maintain a healthy, pest-free living environment. Whether it’s treating for subterranean or drywood termites that are attacking wood in and around a home, removing a potentially dangerous stinging insect nest, or eliminating an annoying ant colony, the Clark Man has been there with expert advice and reliable service.
So how do you keep your home safe from common health hazards? The following tips will help keep you and your family safe from a variety of threats, including mold, toxins, pests, and other common safety household hazards.
1. Keep it dry: Prevent water from entering your home through leaks in your roofing or poor drainage, and check your interior plumbing for any leaks. Moisture can also attract pests
2. Keep it clean: Control sources of dust and contaminants by creating smooth and cleanable surfaces, reducing clutter, and using effective cleaning methods. Poor sanitation can be an incubator of pest infestations in a home
3. Keep it safe: Store poisons out of the reach of children and label their containers properly. Secure loose rugs, keep children’s play areas free from hard or sharp surfaces, install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and keep fire extinguishers on hand
4. Keep it well-ventilated: Air out bathrooms and kitchens, and use whole-house fans that supply fresh air, to reduce the concentration of contaminants in your home
5. Keep it pest-free: All pests look for food, water, and shelter, so seal cracks and openings throughout your home, and store food in pest-resistant containers
6. Keep it contaminant-free: Reduce lead-related hazards in pre-1978 homes by fixing deteriorated paint and keeping floors and window areas clean by using a wet-cleaning approach
7. Keep it well-maintained: Inspect, clean, and repair your home routinely. Take care of minor repairs and problems before they become major repairs and problems
8. Make it thermally controlled: Houses that do not maintain adequate temperatures may place the safety of residents at increased risk from exposure to extreme cold or heat
If there’s a pest issue that’s vexing you, call or text Clark Pest Control at (800) WE NEED YOU (936-3339) or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll come out and make a proper identification of the pest or pests, and then we’ll provide a treatment recommendation.
Until next time I’m the Clark Man, and thanks for helping me keep unwanted pests out of your home.