The annual observance of National Pest Management Month by Clark Pest Control, along with pest management professionals from across the country, reaffirms the company’s commitment to the protect public health – and food and property – from pest threats.
In addition to being an annoyance, pests such as cockroaches, ticks, and mosquitoes can transmit deadly diseases to humans, while termites and rodents can cause serious structural damage to homes and businesses.
- Stinging insects send 500,000 people to emergency rooms across the country every year.
- Rodents invade 21 million homes each year.
- Termites cause damage to 600,000 homes each year in the U.S., and that damage costs consumers $5 billion annually.
- Bed bugs can hide in some unusual places, such as stuffed animals, purses, and even on airplanes.
- Ants are the number-one nuisance pest in the U.S. If you see ants around your home, many more are likely hiding out of sight.
Clark, your friendly termite, grounds care, and pest management expert, is proud to help protect Californians and Nevadans from pest threats, and would like to help educate you on the important role you play in denying pests access to your home. Pest prevention is the best strategy for keeping your living spaces pest free.
Clark’s 10 pest prevention tips
1. Seal any cracks on the outside of your home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
2. Replace weatherstripping, and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
3. Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house. Overhanging branches can act as highways into the home for ants and other pests.
4. Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
5. Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
6. Keep attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
7. Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
8. Avoid leaving pet food out in dishes for long periods of time.
9. Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters, to help reduce biting mosquito populations.
10. Have an annual termite inspection conducted on your home to spot signs of termite activity.
Clark Pest Control is committed to safeguarding your home from pests during these challenging times. Our service technicians use such personal protective equipment as gloves, masks, and respirators, they practice social distancing, they call ahead to notify you before a service, and they adhere strictly to all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines when servicing inside or outside your home.
If you’re experiencing problems with pests in and around your home, call or text (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Control thank you for helping to keep unwanted pests out of your home.