Ants still top the charts as a chief concern for homeowners. This news comes from research recently conducted and released by the National Pest Management Association.
Clark, your neighborly pest control expert, has long dealt with these nuisance pests, whose colony size can number in many thousands.
Because ants reproduce rapidly, and because different species require different treatments, proper species identification and prompt control measures are good reasons why you need to contact Clark to keep these trailblazing pests in check.
Ants can find their way into many parts of your home, and Clark has identified some of the most common areas and below is providing helpful tips for keeping them out:
Clark’s tip: Eliminate standing water around the home and ensure that gutters and downspouts are functioning properly.
Ants are social insects that live in large colonies, so if you see one or two, you can bet there are many more to follow. Clark can help identify the species, find cracks and crevices where ants may be coming in, locate nests, and eliminate the problem.
Clark offers some additional tips that homeowners can follow to reduce the ant threat:
- Seal cracks and crevices around the home using a silicone-based caulk.
- Replace weatherstripping and repair loose mortar around the basement foundation and windows.
- Keep trees and shrubbery trimmed away from the home.
- Store food in sealed containers and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture and repair any leaky pipes.
- Dispose of garbage on a regular basis.
- Keep pet bowls clean and wipe up any spilled food or water around them promptly.
- Store dry pet food in a sealed plastic container rather than in the paper sacks in which it often comes packaged.
If you’re having a problem with ants in and around your home, call California and northern Nevada’s trusted, friendly ant expert, Clark, at (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or send an email at email@example.com.
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Controlthank you for helping to keep unwanted pests out of your home.