Why does my pest control technician spend so much time looking around my house and yard? What are they looking for? Shouldn’t they be spraying something or putting a trap out to get rid of the pests I called them about?
Clark, your local pest, mosquito, termite, rodent, and yard care expert, would like to let you in on a little secret: When a licensed Clark technician is at your home to solve your pest issue, they will bring all the latest tools and technology to eliminate pests, but they are also playing detective.
To eliminate pest issues – ants, termites, rodents, cockroaches, and more – technicians must investigate and identify the root cause of the issue. Is there a space underneath the garage door that could allow mice to enter? Is there excess moisture around the foundation, or wood in contact with soil, that might attract pests, including destructive termites?
In either case, technicians must spend time inspecting up, down, and all around your home to identify conducive conditions that may promote pest activity. Once they finish inspecting, they can help fix those issues and then make a treatment recommendation.
If a thorough inspection isn’t completed and the root cause identified, any treatment won’t be as effective, and your time and money could be wasted.
Pest control inspection basics
A pest control inspection is a comprehensive process aimed at identifying, addressing, and preventing pest issues to ensure the well-being of the home and its occupants. The inspection typically involves a thorough examination of both the interior and exterior of a property. Here are the actions you can expect your technician to perform when they arrive:
- Look for signs of pest activity: Your technician will look for signs of current or past pest activity. This includes checking for droppings, nests, gnaw marks, and other indicators of pests.
- Identify entry points: Your technician will identify possible entry points for pests, such as gaps in walls, windows, doors, and utility penetrations. Sealing these entry points is crucial for preventing future infestations.
- Identify conducive conditions: Your technician will assess factors that could contribute to pest problems, such as excess moisture, standing water, and debris. Addressing these conditions helps create an environment less favorable to pests.
- Inspect living spaces: The interior of your home will be carefully inspected, including crawlspaces, attics, kitchens, bathrooms, and other common areas for evidence of pests.
- Inspect outside: The exterior inspection includes an inspection of the foundation, roof, siding, and landscaping. Your technician will check for issues like rotting wood, damaged roofing, or overgrown vegetation that may attract pests.
- Make an accurate pest identification: If pests are found, your technician will identify the specific pest species. This information is crucial for determining the most effective treatment methods.
- Make treatment recommendations: Based on the findings of the inspection, your technician will provide recommendations and treatment options for eliminating pests, as well as any necessary repairs or modifications to prevent future infestations.
- Provide and review documentation with you: A detailed written report outlining the inspection findings, recommendations, and any applicable treatment plans will be provided and reviewed with you.
Clark Pest Control has decades of experience protecting homes from a wide array of pests. Call California and northwestern Nevada’s trusted pest control expert at (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free home wellness inspection to add an additional layer of protection against all varieties of pests.
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Control thank you for helping to keep unwanted pests out of your home and yard.