158 search results for rodents
- Rat Control - New York Headed For A Ratdemic?
- It's going to be a disaster. Rats are all over New York City, and we're just trying to contain it. We're going to have chaos in the city.
Rat Control - Are We Headed For A Ratdemic?
(New York) Last month word got out that budget cuts would lead to more rodents in our fair city, with the Department of Health cutting pest control aides on payroll from 84 to 57. Now the Daily News reports-screeching atop a dining room table, we imagine-"we'll be overrun by rats!" The Union representing pest control workers in the city told them, "A lot of people are going to be seeing a lot of rats. It's
- Rodent Control - Man's battle vs. the rat goes high-tech
- Source L.A Times By Jeff Spurrier Mousetraps aren't just a snap anymore Some try to kill humanely One will even send an e-mail of a kill It's hard
- the animal doesn't like the smell. By the 1800s, killing rodents had nearly become a science as Victorian
- WILD MOUSE TESTS POSITIVE FOR HANTAVIRUS
- On September 1st 2009 the County of San Diego released its finding in an official news release A mouse was trapped in San Luis Rey River area near Bo
- On September 1st 2009 the County of San Diego released its finding in an official news release. A mouse was trapped in San Luis Rey River area near Bonsall has been confirmed, the mouse tested positive for hantavirus. This is the fourth mouse found with the hantavirus this year. Hantavirus is carried by wild rodents, primarily deer mice. The virus is found in rodent droppings and urine and can be inhaled by humans when it becomes airborne. The airborne virus can cause Hantavirus Pulmonary
- Norway Rats - just the facts!
- The Name Originally the Norway Rat was called the Hanover rat and brown rat by people linking problems in 18th century England
- The control of rodents can be widely varied, depending on the individual situation. Covering holes
- Clark Pest - Clark is Awarded Green Certification in Sacramento
- Green bugs Clark Pest Control has become the first company in the Sacramento area to receive a green certification.
- Source: Sacramento Business Journal
Green bugs Clark Pest Control has become the first Sacramento pest control company to receive a "green" certification by the National Pest Management Association. The QualityPro Green certification requires companies to adopt an integrated pest management program. First they have to inspect a site and try non-chemical measures, such as trimming bushes that harbor rodents or sealing cracks that let in moisture and
ants. If that doesn't work, they can
- The Value of a Fall Risk Assessment
- Defined as “the scientific evaluation of known or potential adverse health effects resulting from human exposure to foodborne hazards" a risk assessment is a task meant to evaluate and assess a facility’s IPM program.
- of control and monitoring devices within a facility or a means to report how many rodents or insects, invaders,
rodents, ants, cockroaches, etc. will look to find a way in to survive the winter, to harboring pests? Are there weeds or other material along the fence line that may harbor rodents? Has, grounds that may be conducive to attracting pests (e.g., mosquitoes, small rodents, etc
- Double Feature Wednesday! - Part 2 of the 4 days of Halloween
- Well today we have a special treat for you Arachnid double feature day 2 movies stand out when it comes to spiders...
- proportions. In his laboratory, he houses several large, over grown rodents and, a tarantula. After his, in the researchers freeing the rodents and the tarantula. In all the madness, a researcher attacks Professor
- Managing Pests Through Vegetation Management
- Mike Andrew, manager, corporate agriculture quality assurance for Clark, says fall is the time make sure weeds and other vegetation is cleared through proper landscape management practices and the use of post-emergent herbicides.
- including rodents, ants, termites, cockroaches, certain species of beetles and stinging insects, ,” says Andrew. “Overgrown vegetation close to structures not only offer pests like rodents, gophers
- Backyard bugs and tips to prevent them
- With ample grass and tall weeds, a yard can provide blood-sucking pests like ticks and fleas easy access to hosts, meaning pets and people. Fleas can also end up in the yard by hitching a ride on rodents and other wildlife, as well as on picnic blankets, shoes, and clothing.
- , meaning pets and people. Fleas can also end up in the yard by hitching a ride on rodents and other, also transport themselves on rodents and other wild animals, quickly making their presence known
- Pest management is essential to business – and to food safety
- , and encephalitis. Rodents contaminate or consume about 20 percent of the world’s food supply. Bed bugs, , the presence of pests – whether they are rodents, flies, cockroaches, or others – can