April marks the annual observance of National Pest Management Month by Clark Pest Control and pest management professionals across the country. While the official celebration only lasts 30 days, the reality is that, for 365 days of the year, the talented men and women at Clark are committed to protecting customers’ homes, food, and families from pest threats.
The timing of this recognition is important. As the weather continues to warm, pests begin to emerge from their overwintering sites to look for new sources of food, water, and shelter – the three basics they need to survive – inside homes. Don’t support their efforts. Know what you can do to prevent pests from accessing your family’s living space.
Why is professional pest management important?
Pest management professionals play a vital role in preserving the quality of life for millions of people across California and the nation.
Commonly encountered pests – such as cockroaches, ticks, stinging insects, and mosquitoes – are certainly an annoyance, but they also can transmit harmful diseases to humans through their bites and stings, and by contaminating the food we eat. In addition, termites and rodents can cause significant structural damage to homes and businesses costing billions of dollars to repair.
- Stinging insects send 500,000 people to emergency rooms across the country every year.
- Rodents invade more than 20 million homes each year.
- Termites cause damage to 600,000 homes each year in the U.S., causing damage that costs consumers $5 billion annually.
- Bed bugs can hide in some unusual places, such as stuffed animals, purses, and even airplanes.
- Ants are the number-one nuisance pest in the U.S. If you see ants around your home, there are more hiding out of sight.
Clark, your friendly termite, mosquito, lawn care, and pest control expert, is proud to help protect its customers from pest threats, and would like to educate you on the significant role that they play in denying pests access to your home. Pest prevention is the best medicine for keeping your home and yard pest free.
- Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weatherstripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house. Overhanging branches can function as highways into the home for ants and other pests.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Keep attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Avoid leaving pet food out in dishes for extended periods of time.
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house – including birdbaths and clogged gutters – to help reduce biting mosquito populations.
- Get an annual termite inspection conducted on your home to spot signs of termite activity.
Clark Pest Control solutions
A pest-free, healthy environment is where we all want to live. Our commitment to this ideal starts with great service, quick response times, and impeccable follow through.
We care about your property like it is our own, because we are your neighbors. So if you’re experiencing problems with pests in and around your home, call or text (800) WE-NEED-YOU (936-3339) or e-mail us at email@example.com
Until next time, the pest management professionals at Clark Pest Control thank you for helping us keep unwanted pests out of your home.
Clark’s commitment to safety
Clark Pest Control remains committed to safeguarding your home from pests during these challenging times. Our service technicians use such personal protective equipment as gloves, masks, and respirators, they practice social distancing, and they adhere strictly to all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines when servicing inside or outside your home.