DIY | Clark Pest Control Blog | Pest Control Updates | Spider Control

Follow Clark Pest Control

Subscribe to our blog

Your email:

Free quote

Free quotes, same-day and Saturday service available. Contact Clark Pest today.

About Clark Pest Control

Clark Pest Control has grown to be the West's largest pest management company with branch offices throughout California and in the Reno, Nevada area.

Clark Pest Control's Blog

Current Articles | RSS Feed RSS Feed

DIY DONT! - Resident warns neighbours about deadly pest control measures

 

A puppy in the Cardinal Creek area is lucky to be alive after nibbling on some rat poison left near a public east-end trail. Springridge resident Monica Belanger was walking her six-month-old lab, Daytona, on leash along the trail behind Caprihani Way when the puppy picked something up from the ground.

"She's a puppy so she eats everything," Belanger said. "If I see what's in her mouth I grab it out. Usually it's only a stick."

But this time Daytona chomped down on something that isn't normally found along the trail.

"When I grabbed it out I saw right away it was... Warfarin," Belanger recounted, adding she then saw blue pellets scattered along the edge of the pathway next to a residential garden gate.

Daytona had apparently eaten rat poison. "I had her at the vet's within 20 minutes," Belanger said.

The veterinarian knew right away what they were dealing with because they had the wrapper. Belanger said they induced vomiting and Daytona threw up some pellet pieces, meaning she'd definitely ingested the poison.

The young lab stayed at the vet for three hours under observation and, once her stomach settled, she was given charcoal to soak up any remaining poison, Belanger indicated...

Click here to read the entire article

Note:
I read this and it brings up the question why was this outside on a trail? how did it get there? The first thing that comes to mind is someone was trying to do a little DIY pest control. DIY pest control is dangerous on all fronts, especially when it involves any type of chemical or poison.

Leave pest control to the professionals, Clark Pest Control handles rodent control, give us a call, we do free pest evaluations.

Visit the Clark Pest Blog or visit ClarkPest.com to learn more.

Man faints after washing hair with pesticide

 
Source: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-10/21/content_8823870.htm
Updated: 2009-10-21 09:25

A man in Qingdao, Shandong province, had to be rushed to a hospital after he shampooed his head with a pesticide.

A friend had told Tu there were insects in his hair and he would have to use a pesticide to kill them.

After Tu washed his hair with pesticide he felt difficulty breathing and fainted.

He was rushed to a hospital, where doctors said he could have died of poisoning had he not received medical attention on time.

(Qingdao Morning News)

Visit the Clark Pest Blog or visit ClarkPest.com to learn more.

Do-it-Yourself Pest Control May Not Always be Prudent

 

July 7 (Fairfax, VA) - The "Do-It-Yourself" (DIY) spirit of Americans has been lauded during the current economic downturn as The Washington Post reported in late June that 23 percent of people who took on home renovation projects did so to enact cost-saving measures. Although this would seem to be a natural inclination, The New York Times recently analyzed the perils of DIY projects for untrained and often unprepared homeowners. While there is no official tracking of (DIY) injuries within a recession, annual research from the Home Safety Council reports that home injuries result in nearly 21 million medical visits and close to 20,000 deaths every year.......read the entire article

Visit the Clark Pest Blog or visit ClarkPest.com to learn more.
All Posts